SFU Service Awards
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Succesful applicants will be notified of their awards by mid-June.
To apply for the SFU Service Awards you must:
- be in good academic standing and have a minimum CGPA of 2.00 at SFU during the term of application (waived in your first term at SFU).
- be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units of standard graded courses at SFU in one of the following three terms: Fall 2019, Spring 2020 or Summer 2020.
Please note that 3 unit Co-op is not a standard graded course. Challenge, audit and credit-free courses are not considered.
A student with a disability is eligible to apply for Service Awards if the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 or more units of standard graded courses and meets all other eligibility requirements. At the time of application, the student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAL).
How to apply
1. Review the 2020 Service Awards List to determine whih service awards you you want to apply for.
2. Apply on-line during the application period by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca). (Student Center/Financial Aid and Awards/Apply for Scholarships/Awards).
3. Submit the following supporting documentation to email@example.com:
- Unpaid Volunteer/Community Service Form
- Reference Form
(2 references confirming unpaid volunteer service are required)
- Résumé outlining unpaid volunteer service, including the dates and total hours of service for the past 2 years (March 2018-March 2020).
- SFU Co-Curricular Record (CCR), if available.
- One page cover letter if required in the award's terms of reference.
4. Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.