Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Eligibility requirements
- How to apply
- Scholarships administered by SFU
- McCall MacBain Scholarships
- Scholarships external to SFU
To apply for a scholarships you must:
- have completed at least 12 units of standard graded courses
- be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application.
- have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at SFU and be in good academic standing.
Please note that 3 Unit Co-op is not a standard graded course. Challenge, audit and credit-free courses are not considered.
A student with a disability is eligible to apply for scholarships if the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 or more units of standard graded courses and meets all other eligibility requirements. At the time of application, the student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAL).
A student holding an SFU entrance award is eligible to apply for all other University administered scholarships.
A student holding an SFU entrance scholarship is not eligible for any other University administered scholarship until the entrance scholarship is fully paid out. This policy applies to any term in which an entrance scholarship is deferred.
How to apply
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines.
- Review the Summer 2020 Scholarships to determine which scholarships you want to apply for.
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca).
- Click on "Student Center".
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances).
- Click on "Apply for Scholarships/Awards".
- List the scholarships/awards you want to apply for on your online application.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.
Scholarships administered by:
To find a PDF list of available scholarships and awards for the current or upcoming term, please see under 'How to Apply'.
Along with academic merit, many of these scholarships have additional criteria that must be met in order for you to qualify. For a complete listing, check out our online Scholarship, Awards, and Bursaries database.
McCall MacBain Scholarships
If you are an undergrad going into a Masters, you may wish to check out this program. Announced in 2019, the McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill are Canada’s first comprehensive, leadership-driven scholarships for master’s and professional degree students.
The McCall MacBain Scholarship covers:
- Tuition and fees for an eligible master’s or professional program
- A living stipend of $2,000 per month during academic terms
- A comprehensive enrichment program including mentorship, interdisciplinary learning, and access to a global community
Up to 20 McCall MacBain Scholarships will be offered to students to begin their studies at McGill University in the fall of 2021. Starting June 15, candidates may start their application online. No authorization code is required, and there are no application fees. Please review the PDF and McGill website for further information. The online application deadline, including the submission of two references, is September 24, 2020 at 4:00pm EDT.
External to SFU
SFU does not administer external scholarships, awards and bursaries directly; therefore, such opportunities are not included in the database.
Information on our External Awards & Additional Resources handout is provided for general information purposes only. Students are responsible for researching eligibility requirements and deadlines.