Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
To apply for an award, you must:
- be in good academic standing and have a minimum CGPA of 2.00 at SFU during the term of application (waived in your first term at SFU).
- be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application
Please note that 3 Unit Co-op is not a standard graded course. Challenge, audit and credit-free courses are not considered.
A student with a disability is eligible to apply for awards if the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 or more units of standard graded courses and meets all other eligibility requirements. At the time of application, the student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAL).
How to apply
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines.
- Review the Summer 2020 Scholarships to determine which scholarships you want to apply for.
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca).
- Click on "Student Center".
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances).
- Click on "Apply for Scholarships/Awards".
- List the scholarships/awards you want to apply for on your online application.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.
Awards administered by SFU
For a complete listing, check out our online Scholarship, Awards, and Bursaries database.
Awards by Nomination
Some awards require departmental nomination. Check with your department on available awards and the application process.
Awards Administered External to SFU
SFU does not administer external scholarships, awards and bursaries directly, therefore, such opportunities are not included in the database.
Information on our External Awards & Additional Resources handout is provided for general information purposes only. You are responsible for visiting the actual sites to get information on eligibility requirements and deadlines.