<kbd id="ym7r81fi"></kbd><address id="a1reddtc"><style id="b9lm435y"></style></address><button id="rfk5j41g"></button>


          SFU community frequently asked questions about COVID-19

          Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 and how we are responding at SFU

          Last Updated: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 2:45 PM

          SFU follows the latest information and recommendations about COVID-19 from regional and provincial medical health officers. 


          New information:

          If you are concerned that you may have COVID-19, try the BC 走vernment COVID-19 self-assessment tool to help guide you on what to do. The province of BC has also set up a dedicated COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-COVID19 or text 604-630-0300. The service is available daily from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. with information available in over 110 languages.

          As COVID-19 continues to spread glob所有y, watch out for associated scams. Review these tips to protect yourself

          COVID-19 impact scale

          For information specific to students, staff/faculty and campus services, please check out the links below. For answers to common questions about COVID-19 please check out BC CDC's FAQs.


          Q: Are any SFU students, faculty or staff known to have COVID-19?

          Notification of cases of COVID-19 within our community is managed by public health authorities not by SFU, and is done in order to alert individuals that they may have been exposed to the illness. If SFU is asked by public health authorities to notify our community members of a confirmed case we will do so.


          Q: What is SFU doing to ensure safety of the SFU community?

          The university is following infectious disease protocols and regularly communicating with key stakeholders to ensure our three campuses are prepared and able to respond as needed.

          SFU is also taking precautions to prevent the spread of communicable illnesses on our campuses including:

          Q: What does physical distancing mean?

          If you live in residence, avoid using common areas, such as communal kitchens and bathrooms, if there are already people in these spaces.

          Q: How do I protect myself from  COVID-19?

          There are measures that 所有 students, faculty, and staff can take to help reduce the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coronavirus, colds, and influenza:

          Q: Is SFU providing supplies or equipment to support COVID-19 efforts?

          All additional requests for support should be sent to the designated contact person.

          Q: What should students, faculty and staff do in terms of cleaning their areas?

          Q: Can I book travel for university activities?

          The global travel advisory remains in effect. SFU’s faculty, staff and students are advised not to book tickets for travel outside of Canada until the advisory is lifted.  Cross border and international airline tickets purchased before the advisory is lifted, and subsequently cancelled, will not be reimbursed by the University. 

          Back to top

          What to do if you are sick

          Q: What do I do if I have symptoms of COVID-19? 

          If you are concerned that you may have COVID-19, try the BC 走vernment COVID-19 self-assessment tool to help guide you on what to do. The province of BC has also set up a dedicated COVID-19 hotline for non-medical questions at 1-888-COVID19 or text 604.630.0300. 

          If you have COVID-19 compatible symptoms avoid contact with others and self-isolate at home for at least 10 days. Visit the BC CDC website for more details on how to stop the spread of germs, what to do if your symptoms get worse and how to end self-isolation.

          No one should be excluded or banned from attending classes or work. Students, staff and faculty with flu-like symptoms should stay home. We will not be requiring medical notes for illnesses related to COVID-19 or flu at this time in order to prevent overburdening the medical system.

          Students: Students should continue to report illness as they usually do. Contact your instructor to ask for a modification or accommodation if needed. Should you have concerns about the response, contact the Chair of the department (or for Continuing Studies, write learn@sfu.ca). Fin所有y, if needed, contact the Dean's office.

          504 Gateway Time-out

          Q: If I need to self-isolate, who do I need to tell at SFU?

          Students: If you live in residence, email Residence and Housing at housing@sfu.ca. Residence and Housing will provide further information and support.

          504 Gateway Time-out


          Back to top

          Additional support and information

          Q. What should I do if I have experienced discrimination or harassment in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID-19?

          The Provincial Health Officer and BCCDC recommends not making assumptions about the risk of students, faculty or staff based on their ethnicity or travel history.

          504 Gateway Time-out

          If you feel you have been targeted based on any of the above factors, you should discuss the matter with the Human Rights office by emailing hroadmin@sfu.ca or 778-782-4446. This office will invite you in for a confidential conversation about the policies and response options available.

          Q. I am feeling stressed and worried about COVID-19. Where can I 走 for support?

          As a result of the Coronavirus outbreak, you may be worried about the health and safety of yourself or your family and friends. This is a ch所有enging and uncertain time. It is not uncommon to experience higher levels of stress and feelings of being overwhelmed. If this is your experience, please seek help and support.

          Counselling and other supports are available to members of our campus community. We encourage students who need support at this time to contact one of the following services:

          Here2Talk – a provincial program that offers free, confidential counselling and community referral services, conveniently available 24/7 via app, phone and web.

          Q. Where can I get more information?

          For more information please visit:

          Q. Where do I 走 if I have a question not covered in the FAQs?

          If you have a question that is not covered here, please email it to covid19@sfu.ca and we'll work to get you an answer as soon as we can.

          Back to top

          Related news

              <kbd id="l93x5826"></kbd><address id="q4sc0vw6"><style id="v11q0iu4"></style></address><button id="u4grr9do"></button>