Undergraduate Student Research Awards
Are you an undergraduate student who would like to obtain research experience in an academic setting? The Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) programs provide opportunities for students to be part of a major research project, while being supervised by a university professor.
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) provides SFU with USRAs on an annual basis. In addition, SFU's Vice-President, Research (VPR), will be supporting additional undergraduate students who are working with faculty members who hold research grants (independent of source) through the VPR USRA program.
There are two VPR USRA programs; one for the Sciences and one for the Social Sciences and Humanities. Students can only apply to one of these programs per competition cycle. For more information on each of these programs, click the appropriate tab above.
- Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology (FCAT) Undergraduate Research Fellowship Award, administered by FCAT. Please contact them for application information.
- Research Award for Women in Applied Sciences administered by the Faculty of Applied Sciences. Please contact Dr. Carolyn Sparrey for more information.
- Charles Allard Undergraduate Student Research Award administered by the Faculty of Science. Please contact Graduate Studies for more information.
- The Faculty of Science Undergraduate Student Research Award administered by the Faculty of Science. Please contact Graduate Studies for more information.
- The Grant Sheffer Undergraduate Student Research Award administered by the Department of Physics. Please contact Physics for more information.
- The Dr. Ivor Fleming Undergraduate Student Research Award administered by the Department of Chemistry
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Please contact the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies office at email@example.com for inquiries regarding the USRAs.