SFU Donor Awards
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
2020 Fall Donor Awards Competition
This competition is for donor-funded awards available in the 2020 Academic year, to be paid beginning Fall 2020.
- Carefully read through the terms of reference to ensure that you are eligible to apply for the award. You should also consult the list of values for donor awards (pdf) as this may contain additional instructions for applying on GA3. For instance: you may need to apply to a Centre or another department for an award.
- For awards that you APPLY for:
- June 3 is the deadline to submit the online application to your Department via GA3 (//gradawards.sfu.ca) for Fall 2020 awards. Note that your Department may set an earlier deadline for an award so you can check with them for special instructions. You must also submit all the required documents found on the terms of reference for each award via GA3.
- If you cannot find an award on GA3, then that award may no longer be available, or your Department may not have opened up the competition to their students. Make sure that you apply to the correct Department or your application may not be considered. Consult the list of values for donor awards (pdf) for extra instructions.
- Check the notes section on the donor awards list for special instructions on how to locate the award on GA3.
- Some awards are by NOMINATION only:
- Students cannot apply for an award that is designated "by nomination" only. In this case, only the Department can initiate an application on the student's behalf.
- Award recommendations are normally sent by departments to the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies office via GA3 by July 2 for the Fall 2020 award competition.
Students have to be registered full-time in their graduate program in order to receive their award payment in the term that it is offered and paid.
Simon Fraser University reserves the right to change award amounts and timing of payments based on the availability of funds from the endowment or annual donation.